Stefan A. Halper is an American politician, professor, journalist and spy. He graduated from Standford University, University of Oxford with merits and got the PhD. He has made his influence on the development of many newspapers, magazines and media outlets, including The National Interest, The Washington Times, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, The American Spectator, the BBC, CNN, SKY NEWS, ABC, CBS, NBC, C-Span, and a range of radio outlets. Stefan Halper was also awarded by State Department Superior Honor Award, the Justice Department’s Director’s Award and the Defense Department’s Superior Honor Award.
NAME: Stefan A. Halper (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Halper)
STEFAN HALPER’S DATE OF BIRTH: June 4, 1944
STEFAN HALPER’S MARITAL STATUS: divorced with Sibyl Cline, the daughter of the former CIA deputy director for intelligence, Ray S. Cline.
STEFAN HALPER’S EDUCATION:
- Standford University graduate (1967);
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) from the University of Oxford (1971) and the University of Cambridge (2004);
- Director of American Studies at the Department of Politics and International Studies of the University of Cambridge (2001).
STEFAN HALPER’S CAREER:
- Stefan Halper in Politics:
- an official of the US Domestic Policy Council (1971-1973);
- an assistant to the chief of staff to Alexander Haig, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheneyatthe office of management and budget of the White House (1973- January 20, 1977);
- Special Counsel to the Congressional Joint Economic Committeeand Legislative Assistant to Senator William Roth (Representative from Delaware) (1977);
- National Policy Director for George H. W. Bush‘s Presidential campaign (1979);
- Director of Policy Coordination for the Reagan- Bush Presidential campaign (1980);
- a spy to the Debategateaffair (1980)
- Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs;
- a Senior Advisor to the Department of Defense and a Senior Advisor to the Department of Justice (1984 – 2001);
- an FBIinformant for Crossfire Hurricane, the FBI’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections.
- Stefan Halper in Business:
- chairman and majority shareholder of the Palmer National Bank of Washington, D.C., the National Bank of Northern Virginia and the George Washington National Bank (1984-1990);
- Stefan Halper in Media / Press:
- a columnist (1986-2000)
- a senior foreign policy advisor tothe Center for Strategic and International Studies, the Center for the National Interest, the Center for the National Interest;
- a Research Professor at the Institute of World Politics;
- a member of the Cosmos Clubin Washington, the Travellers Club in London;
- a co-author of “America Alone: The Neo-Conservatives and the Global Order” (2004);
- a co-author of “The Silence of the Rational Center: Why American Foreign Policy is Failing”(2007);
- an author of “The Beijing Consensus: Legitimizing Authoritarianism in Our Time”(2010).
STEFAN HALPER’S MERITS:
- a recipient of the State Department’s Superior Honor Award;
- a recipient of the Justice Department’s Director’s Award;
- a recipient of the Defense Department’s Superior Honor Award.
Information is relevant that can be continuously updated.